Free Loft Conversion Planning Permission Consultation
Loft Conversion Planning Permission
Are you considering building work in the near future, but are worried that you won’t get loft conversion planning permission? Well we’re here to help!
At Central London Lofts, we are happy to offer all of our prospective clients a free planning permission consultation in order to save you unnecessary headaches further down the line.
LOFT CONVERSION PLANNING PERMISSION
In many cases you won’t need to get permission at all, but if you want to extend or alter the space in your roof, exceeding specified limits and conditions, you will have to get permission from your local council to carry out the work.
Just to save you some time, you only need to apply for planning permission if your project exceeds the following conditions:
- A volume allowance of 40 m3 additional roof space for terraced houses*, 50 m3 for detached and semi-detached.
- No extension beyond the plane of the existing slope of the principal elevation facing the road.
- No extension to be higher than the highest part of the existing roof.
- Materials to be similar in appearance to the existing house.
- No verandas, balconies or raised platforms to be added to the roof.
- Side-facing windows must fitted with obscured glazing.
- Roof extensions not to be permitted development in designated areas (such as areas of outstanding beauty and conservation areas).
- Roof extensions, apart from hip to gable, must be set back at least 20cm from the original eaves.
- The extension cannot overhang the outer facing wall of your house.
- Getting planning permission for a loft conversion can be a very tricky process. Though it needn’t be. With our own specialists consultants, we know the ins and outs of council law and how these will affect you!
If these apply to your project, or if you think that they might, get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION
We’re more than happy to offer our expertise, so book your consultation today!
Types of Loft Conversions
Why You Can Trust CLL
Request an Estimate
What People Think About Us
Excellent Job and Good Service
Which? Trusted Traders Consumer
“Building is often fraught with difficulty but we had a very positive and good experience with Central London Lofts. Ali and his team were professional from the outset to the finish. When we needed time to work ideas out, Ali would give us time and advice, some times we took it, some times we forged our own path and then Ali would be supportive…”
Thank you Central London Loft's
“Thank you Central London Loft’s Team especially David Gage, Office Manager Colleen, Project Manager Barry and his boys (carpenters, painters & decorators, fitters, roofers, plumbers and electricians). All team members were highly professional, polite and helpful…”